Saturday, February 26, 2011

shadow-play and snowmelt creek::::::in days that the sun came out, last week. . . .

we discovered so much at hickory hill park, this day last week which was a little window into spring. everyone got excited about spring. . .and then it snowed again, you know, last couple of days. i was going to get myself some tulips, said to myself: i must have some tulips for my birthday. today, went to get myself the belated b-day tulips, and they were a sad sight at our iowa grocery store, let me tell you: browned at the edges, sickly looking. no. instead i got the red berry-like flowers, not sure what they are called. but they are surely a february flower. . .and i was, after all, born in february. as were several amazing new babies, i've heard (welcome rowan! welcome curran! so glad you've arrived safely you little february baby boys!!)::::::


also, finn discovered his shadow in a big way in the park on this day. he really wanted to know where it went to when it was gone. it was interesting to try to explain how light works, and where the sun goes, etc. quite a job, this mothering thing! also yesterday finn put his arm on my lap and said, mama, play with my arm please (usually, it's some little animal that's plopped,and mama, play with this horse, or this dinosaur, please)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers