Thursday, August 4, 2011

whale is called by a voice/ ashes of the soul is a potato [aug. 4]


Katie’s assignment:
"My poem assignment to you is this: A whale is called by a voice, surely it is her true love or something beyond love. She is called from the ocean to swim up a river and the waters become ever more muddy and shallow and the banks become more narrow and slowly, slowly she carries on, fueled by ardor, by hope."

I love this one and I am going to work with it for awhile. As you know, I love thinking about whales and writing poems from their (emotional and sensory)perspective. Yay! So here are two different poem-things I've been working on, from this prompt (2 formed notes with titles:):::::::::::::::::

0000000


now i will catch and be caught by a whale.



when i was born, let me tell it.

and remember the room, liquid , the people, hands
remember my circle came, settled and was myself. i was 5. had felt bad and went to him
his head thrown back and dead. i was born while it was snowing. and is confusing.

death is not the border of love.



----------------------------------------------------------
River Whale



The flowers are in my mouth and the stems taste like fish faces
A greeny fern gets me
That’s how you are and I am lonely
I sit with my loneliness in my blood
Like a wolf listening to a tree
And it sounds like wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive